Lotus Pools pH increaser/plus 1kg
pH Plus is used to increase the pH of your pool or spa water. This product should be added to your pool if your test kit indicates a low pH level. If your pH is too high, use Lotus Pools pH Reducer. Your pool water should be maintained at a pH level between 7.2 to 7.6.
What is pH?
The water’s pH is a measure of its acid-alkalinity balance. Simply put, water that is either too acidic or too alkaline will cause undesirable chemical reactions.
If the pH too low (highly acidic) – it will corrode metal equipment, cause etching on the surface materials and cause skin irritation. Low pH also affects the efficiency of chlorine.
If the pH is too high (too alkaline) – it can cause scaling on the pool surface and plumbing equipment and can cloud the water. High pH also affects the efficiency of chlorine.
On the pH scale, zero indicates extreme acidity, 14 indicates extreme alkalinity and 7 indicates a neutral state. Recommended for a pool is a pH between 7.2 and 7.6.
Directions for use
1. If your test kit reading indicates a pH level lower than 7.2, add pH plus at a rate of 10g per 1000 litres of water (e.g. if your pool holds 45,000ltrs of water, add 450g of pH plus)
2. Pre-dissolve in a clean plastic bucket filled with pool water
3. With circulation pump running, slowly pour solution into pool water immediately above pool inlets/returns
4. Test pH daily and repeat process until pH level is at 7.4
5. Never add chemicals while pool is in use. Do not allow pool to be used for 30mins after adding pH plus
NEVER MIX POOL CHEMICALS TOGETHER