Lotus Pools Stabilised Chlorine Granules 5kg
Adding Chlorine to your pool is the most common way of sanitising your pool water, and to make it fit for swimming. Chlorine is added to swimming pools to kill off potentially dangerous bacteria. A safe and recommended free chlorine reading is between 1 and 4ppm (parts per million).
Too little chlorine results in algae and bacterial growth, waterborne illnesses, murky water and a lack of sanitation in the water.
Too much chlorine can result in eye, nose and skin irritations.
For a more immediate chlorine boost (i.e. clearing murky water at beginning of season), use Lotus Pools Shock Chlorine or Lotus Pools Multi Function Shock Chlorine & Clarifier
Directions for use
1. Maintain a free chlorine residual of 1 to 4ppm, use of a test kit daily is recommended.
2. To increase the Chlorine residual add 2g per 1000ltrs to increase by approx 1ppm. (e.g. 90g added to a 45,000ltr pool will approx raise residual chlorine by 1ppm)
3. Pre-dissolve granules in a plastic bucket filled with pool water
4. With the pool circulation pump running, pour solution directly into water by inlet/returns.
5. Operate circulation pump for at least 30mins after application
6. Re-rest the water, and repeat process until desired Chlorine level is reached (1 to 4ppm)
7. Never add product while pool is in use. Allow 30mins after adding product before swimming.
NEVER MIX POOL CHEMICALS TOGETHER